Being a naturally ambitious person I thrive on challenges and pressurised environments,
this coupled with high motivation and a proactive attitude ensures that targets
are met and far exceeded. My ability to be able to communicate efficiently and
effectively at all levels enables me to fully analyse situations before making
a considered decision. Being a highly organised individual I work well without
supervision and can manage my own time effectively
University of Portsmouth - BA(Hons) Business Information Technology
Two years of the degree have been completed successfully.
and I am currently enrolled at the Thames Valley University in London to complete the degree within the
BSC Web and E-Business Computing degree.
A broad spectrum of subjects have been studied from Computer Law, Systems Architecture,
Economics and Programming.
Harrogate College of Arts & Technology - BTEC National Diploma in Business & Finance
Successfully completed the two year course with an over all grade of Distinction.
Subjects studied included European Studies, Business French, Accounting, Business Statistics,
Marketing and Distribution.
Ripon City School
8 GCSE's including Maths and English. I was awarded the 'Computer Student of the Year'.
I have also studied and successfully passed an A level equivalent maths qualification at University.
Marketing and Distribution.
July 2000 - Present day
Cap Gemini (UK) PLC - Web Developer
- Currently responsible for enhancing and developing an Access 97 Database Reporting Tool;
- Developing database functionality in Microsoft Access using VBA and SQL;
- Agree realistic timescales with the client and ensure costs are kept to a minimum;
- Manage the development process identifying problems and raising concerns with the client and senior management;
- Fully independant, responsible for own time, work schedules, plans and targets;
- Additional roles include Web Development, HTML, ASP VB and JAVA Scripting;
January 2000 - July 2000
Cap Gemini (UK) PLC - Training Consultant/Technical Author
- Responsible for designing and producing end User Manuals for one of Cap Gemini's largest clients;
- Managing workloads and delegating tasks to a team of three to ensure critical project milestones are met;
- Daily communication with designers, developers and Business Consultants to produce User material. Functional Specifications (total 10,000 pages) were used throughout this process;
- Reporting progress to the client and senior management via reports and regular meetings;
- Facilitating sessions with client to determine Training Needs Analysis for a range of client job roles;
- Achieved an in depth knowledge of the new and previous systems during the development stages;
- Responsible for ensuring that all build changes are captured in the User Manual.
January 1999 - December 1999
Cap Gemini (UK) PLC - Team Leader
- Deputising for one of the UK's largest Insurance firms on their IT Service Desk;
- Management of First line support for Software and Hardware issues;
- Responsible for the production of daily, weekly and monthly reports;
- Problem Management for Third Party Contracts;
- Management of a team of 5, providing on going support and training.
April 1998 - January 1999
William M Mercer Limited - Senior Pensions Administrator
- Managing and administering 10 major client defined contribution Pension Schemes;
- Daily production of complex mathematical calculations;
- Responsible for organising and prioritising work loads within the team;
- Training of new starters in all aspects of pensions.
May 1996 - April 1998
Victory Group - IT Sales Executive
- Managing 15 clients with a view to expanding the business sales to maximum potential;
- Seeking new business opportunities and expanding on existing sales leads;
- The sale of complete IT Infrastructures to both the Public and Private sector, providing advice, support and training;
- Production of advertising materials and arrangement of Trade Shows.
Key Business Skills :
- Customer Service
- Service Desk Management
- Help Desk Administration
- Help Desk Support
- Project Management
- Business Writing Skills
- Presentation skills
- Data Management
- Experience of Insurance Industry
- Communication at all levels
- Report Writing
- Training aids
- Documentation Development and Design
- Desk Top Publishing
Key Technical Skills :
- VB/JAVA Script
- JAVA (Novice)
- SQL Server (Novice)
- ADA, SQL, MACROS
- MS Access 97 Development
- MS Office 95/97/2000
- MS Publisher 97/98
- MS Frontpage
- MS Exchange/MS Outlook
- MS IE ( Internet Explorer)
- MS Windows 3.1 and 95
- REMEDY (EARS) Aspect tool
- FDS ( File Distribution System)
- Doc-To-Help (Wextech)